top of page

Complaints Procedure

We want to give you the best possible service. However, if at any point you become unhappy or concerned about the service we have provided then you should inform us immediately so that we can do our best to resolve the problem.


How to make a complaint

In the first instance it may be helpful to contact the person who is working on your case to discuss your concerns who will do their best to resolve any issues at this stage.

If you would like to make a formal complaint, then you can read our full complaints procedure by downloading the full Complaints Procedure document at the bottom of this page.

Making a complaint will not affect how we handle your case.

If for any reason we are unable to resolve the problem between us or you are not satisfied with our handling of your complaint then you may refer the matter to the Legal Ombudsman: PO Box 6806, Wolverhampton WV1 9WJ who provides a non-judicial means of dispute settlement for those cases that fall within his remit. Please note that ordinarily you must refer your complaint to the Legal Ombudsman within six months from the date of our written response to your complaint or within six years from the act/omission about which you are complaining occurring or if outside of this period within three years from when you should reasonably have known there was a cause for complaint. However, the Ombudsman has a discretion to accept complaints outside of these time limits in exceptional circumstances. Whilst the Ombudsman is able to deal with most complaints you should contact his office to confirm whether or not he is able to deal with your particular issue (0300 555 0333 or or refer to


You should be aware that, when your complaint relates to a bill the Legal Ombudsman will not consider your complaint while your bill is being assessed by the Court.”

If you have serious concerns about our behaviour, the Solicitors Regulation Authority can help you. 

Make a complaint to the Solicitors Regulation Authority


You are also entitled to contact the Solicitors Regulation Authority about us. Please note that the Solicitors Regulation Authority does not deal with issues of poor service which as detailed above should be referred to the Legal Ombudsman.


The Solicitors Regulation Authority will consider, for example, any concerns relating to discrimination, dishonesty, taking or losing your money or breaches of their Principles.


If you wish to report any concerns to the Solicitors Regulation Authority you can do so via:


Their website:


By email:,


By telephone:  0370 606 2555


In writing:        Contact Centre, The Cube, 199 Wharfside Street, Birmingham, B1 1RN

Screenshot 2022-12-01 at 13.09.06.png


Telephone: 01525 372140

Visit: Austin & Carnley Solicitors
Bridge House, Bridge Street,
Leighton Buzzard, LU7 1AH

bottom of page